And, this just happens to be my most favorite time of the year! I love snow, and how beautiful it makes everything. I love that my kids have anticipation of playing in the snow, snowboarding, Christmas, etc. I love the joy that there is this time of year. We have had our house decorated since the week after Thanksgiving this year, only I haven't had the time to enjoy it, or to write about it. So here it is, our house looking A LOT like Christmas!

Our Christmas tree every year is real, it is a tradition that I have had since I was a child. There is nothing quite like a "real" tree. Our decorations are a modge podge of everything. I have heard some people say that if you don't have a tree that has a "theme" it is ugly. I have to disagree with that. Our tree has ornaments, no 2 the same, and they all have a memory, or some sentimental value to them. Some of them aren't too cute, but they bring back a memory of times past. Every year our kids get a new ornament to put on the tree, and Clay's family does an ornament exchange. I love our tree, perhaps it isn't the most beautiful, or "perfect" tree, but it is beautiful to me.

Here is our fireplace, yes, you will notice that there are only 3 stockings. That would be because I haven't had the time to finish the other 2 for Clay and I. They are so cute, my mom has made 1 for each of my kids, and I just need to get the time to finish the others. Perhaps next year!

Here is my favorite sign that I have in my house. I made this at Super Saturday...I am not the craftiest of them all, but I loved the message this has.

I love ornaments, and this is one of my favorite.

Here is a picture of the Creche (sp?) that Clay gave me last year for my birthday. I love that it is unique, and not many people have it. It is beautiful, and this picture doesn't do it justice.

This is one of my favorite things...I know the picture is horrible, but it is a picture of decorations that Halle brought home from school. The first one is a Christmas tree with some decorations that she painted. The other one is a picture of Rudolph, and there is a letter to santa...in true Halle fashion, her letter reads...
"Dear Santa,
Can you find my house?"
She is a worrier that one!

I finally decorated my door this year...it looks like it is a million feet tall, and that would be because it is a million feet tall. I went to Roberts on a perfect day. All of their Christmas decorations were 75% off. I scored this garland, it is beautiful, it has large pinecones all over in it. And, this beautiful wreath, and holder for under $60.

This is one of my favorite sights...my Christmas cactus finally in bloom. This little baby has over 30 blooms. I LOVE this plant. I will post pictures of it in full bloom.

And, of course my cute little snowman friends...I love snowmen, and snowwomen!

Last but not least...the white stuff. It is the 22nd of December, and we have finally looking like Christmas outside! It has been crazy mild this year, and I have been hoping for a white Christmas! These are some pictures that I took of the front of our house today. It is beautiful!

Look at that tree, it has little red berries all over it, add the snow, and it is breathtaking!

I had to post a picture of Clay shoveling the driveway...he was shoveling for 2 hours, and by the time he came in to have lunch it had snowed another 2 inches. This is one task that I HATE!
3 comments:
i want your camera...and your christmas decorations. your house looks so cozy and christmas-y. way better than our pathetic charlie brown christmas tree! oh, and way to go clay...you're a regular ole' shovelin' fool!
wow, do you hire out for Christmas decorating?
I love the wreath on your door!! And the snowmen...so cute!
Post a Comment