
I recieved a call a couple of weeks ago from the student teacher in Kylee's science class.
I was a little caught off guard.
She asked for me by name, and then asked if I had a second for her to talk to me.
She then proceeded to tell me how impressed she is with my daughter.
The class had to pick partners that day, and do something together.
Kylee has tons of friends in this class, but they weren't allowed to move from their table to pick partners.
Everyone had a partner, (except Kylee was with 2 other people, because of the odd number).
Everone, except a boy named Robert.
Robert has some learning delays, and is a little bit of an outsider. Robert has had a crush on Kylee for the last couple of years.
The teacher asked if anyone would be Robert's partner.
Kylee raised her had without thinking twice.
She said that she would be glad to work with him.
Mrs. Hinkley (who happened to be a grand-daughter of Pres. Hinkley) proceeded to tell me what an amazing daughter I have, and how proud she was of her for making that decision. She then told me what a great example of Christ like love she has.
I thanked her for the phone call, and then hung up.
I was beaming. I am one proud mama.
I asked Kylee about it, and she just told me matter-of-factly that everyone needs to feel included, and how would she feel if it was her in Robert's place.
Every once in a while, you get to feel like you are actually teaching them something, and you get to see a glimpse of who they will become.
I was a little caught off guard.
She asked for me by name, and then asked if I had a second for her to talk to me.
She then proceeded to tell me how impressed she is with my daughter.
The class had to pick partners that day, and do something together.
Kylee has tons of friends in this class, but they weren't allowed to move from their table to pick partners.
Everyone had a partner, (except Kylee was with 2 other people, because of the odd number).
Everone, except a boy named Robert.
Robert has some learning delays, and is a little bit of an outsider. Robert has had a crush on Kylee for the last couple of years.
The teacher asked if anyone would be Robert's partner.
Kylee raised her had without thinking twice.
She said that she would be glad to work with him.
Mrs. Hinkley (who happened to be a grand-daughter of Pres. Hinkley) proceeded to tell me what an amazing daughter I have, and how proud she was of her for making that decision. She then told me what a great example of Christ like love she has.
I thanked her for the phone call, and then hung up.
I was beaming. I am one proud mama.
I asked Kylee about it, and she just told me matter-of-factly that everyone needs to feel included, and how would she feel if it was her in Robert's place.
Every once in a while, you get to feel like you are actually teaching them something, and you get to see a glimpse of who they will become.
She is just as beautiful on the inside as she is on the outside.
5 comments:
I have no worries about that girl! She's pretty stinkin' awesome. I want to be like Kylee when I grow up. That made me a little emotional....good for her. She deserves all of the wonderful things in her life because of the kind of kid she is!!!
That made me tear up a little bit. What a great girl she is, and a great example to my little midgets.
Kylee is my hero. I think she is pretty darn perfect. I leave all her flaws for others but I just the good and the perfect example of the Savior she is. Way to go Ky. I love you.
not surprised at all.
you guys are the best :)
Kylee scares me sometimes because she is so special. I can't believe how luky I am to have her in my life!!!
Sonya
Post a Comment