Sunday, March 1, 2009

Grains of Gratitude...

The last time I did a gratitude post was in August, and I recall saying that I was going to try and do them regularly. Unfortunately, that is regularly for me :(. So, here goes another shot at my gratitude posts.
This week I am grateful for Fast Sunday, I am thankful for the opportunity that I had to fast, and fast for a purpose. Sometimes I don't necessarily start my fast with a purpose, and it is always better to fast with a purpose, and have a meaning to it. I am thankful for my membership in the LDS church.
I am thankful to have gone out to dinner and a movie with some great people on Friday night. We love spending time with them, and it was nice to have some adult conversation, great food, and an intense movie! Thanks guys for a fun time.
I am thankful for 3 great kids, and a great husband that put up with me as a mom and a wife. Sometimes I am not the best. Everyday I pray that I can be a better, and I hope one day that will happen.
This week I am thankful that Clay has had people calling him for work. The last few months have been scary waiting to see what Spring had in store for us. We have had the mentality that if we pay our tithing, and go to church, and try and do all of the things that we are supposed to be doing, that the Lord will provide for us. I am scared at what the future will bring with both of our jobs, but I know that we may struggle, but it will all work out.
I am thankful for health. I know I always say this, but I am so thankful that we have been so healthy. It hasn't always been that way with our family, but we have been so blessed lately with being healthy.
I am thankful that when the kids went to the dentist this last Monday, that none of them had a cavity. That is a huge blessing when you don't have dental insurance!
I am thankful for the place where I live. We have a beautiful home, great neighborhood, and great schools. I couldn't ask for more (except for the snow to stop!).
So, what are you grateful for???


2 comments:

o-town said...

i'm grateful for good company too...and ones who know how to follow directions (ie: you won't be pumping the septic in moab).

:)

Amanda said...

That was so good to read. Work has been really slow for Dave and it is really scary, but it was a good reminder that we can only do our best and the rest is up to the Lord!