Thursday, January 15, 2009

Happy 6th Birthday Halle

I don't really know where to begin. I can't believe that my baby is 6! I can't believe that 6 years ago today, I was praying that this little spirit would make it here to earth, healthy, and completely whole. She is a miracle child, in more ways than one. I think back on the last 6 years, and I can't help but think how blessed we are to have this little girl in our lives. When I was 8 weeks pregnant with Halle, I had a mini stroke, and the doctors weren't sure if the baby would have any lasting effects from it. They weren't sure if she would be born healthy, and with out any brain damage. I remember getting a blessing that this little spirit had some important work to do here on this earth, and I remember feeling so strongly that she would be ok. I don't often reflect on these feelings, because that is a part of my life, when I look back on it, that I don't know how I ever made it through.
I am so thankful for modern medicine, I am thankful to have an OBGYN that is a member of the church, who was guided by the spirit, and helped me through this pregnancy and birth. I know that without him, I might not be here, and Halle most certainly would not be either.
Halle, you are an amazing girl. You are full of spirit, spunk, and a little spitfire as well! I am so thankful for the spirit that you bring into our home. I am thankful for you always being my buddy, always wanting to hang out with me, and for always loving me.
You are a beautiful girl, both on the inside, and the outside. You are an amazing friend, you always look out for the one who doesn't have a friend. You have a stong personality, and I know that is because you had to have that, so that you could come to earth, and get the things done that you need to do. You are a fighter, you showed that in the first few months of life, always be a fighter for what is right.
I love you, and am so proud that you are mine!
Love,
Mom
6 things I LOVE about Halle:
1. Your smile, you always smile!
2. Your eye for fashion...and make-up! It is scary that you have this at 6!
3. Your heart, you have a kind heart.
4. You are an amazing dancer, and I love to watch you perform
5. Your imagination...you can play for HOURS in your room by yourself!
6. Your spirit. You are such an amazing daughter of God!
Happy Birthday Halle, I hope you have a great one!!!



(And of course I put the stinking pictures in backwards order...lovely!)

Halle Christmas 2008

Halle at her 5th birthday party, she had Belle come and have a tea party!

I thought Shanna would like this one. Halle and Abigail Easter 2004 or 2005 at Grandpa & Grandma Olsen's


Halle eating chocolate pudding for the first time!

Halle's 1st Birthday...the cameras weren't too hot back then!
Happy Day Hal!!!





4 comments:

Emily said...

Hal! Happy day!! Hope you have a rockin' birthday in Sin City!!! I had forgotten about all the drama that surrounded her birth and pregnancy. So glad she's here, she definitley adds sass and spunk to the Olsen clan!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! That was a great post- how scary to have all that happen!!

And I did a double take when I scrolled down and saw that picture of Abigail! Too funny! :)

Lisa L. said...

Happy birthday. It's amazing what miracles happen when there is a bigger plan. I'm glad she made it through the pregnancy and delivery ok!

Annalee said...

Happy Birthday Halle!!! :)