Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Fall Break

This last weekend was fall break for the kids, they had last Thursday through Monday off. We had a few fun things planned, because we weren't going anywhere, we wanted to do some fun things!
On Thursday we went to see the movie "Beverly Hills Chihuahua", the kids though it was cute and funny...I on the other hand...though about what we could have done with the $25 we spent on tickets and popcorn... But, this wasn't about me, it was about the kids having fun!
Friday was a day where I had to work, so we hung out here, and the kids played with friends, and earned some money. Clay had been pulling out all of the flowers, and the kids picked them all up and loaded them on the trailer. They wanted to go to Target and buy some toys.
Saturday was nice, because we didn't have soccer, or football, so we all slept in until 8:30. It was HEAVEN!!! Then the kids and I ran some errands and took them to spend their gift cards to Borders, and buy their stuff at Target. Then we went to Costco and bought a couple of movies to watch. Clay bought "Iron Man", and watched that by him self...and then we bought the movie "Emma Smith". We watched that Sunday for family night. It was a really good movie, the kids enjoyed it, and it was a good eye opener for them to see what Joseph Smith and his family went through. It made them realized how blessed they are, and what a comfortable life they live.
Monday we decided to load everyone up and head down to Thanksgiving Point to the scarecrow festival. The kids came home with coupons for a free admission ($10 value), so it was going to only cost us $5 for me, and I found a coupon for $1 off. So, we decided for $4, we couldn't do anything else that fun. It was kind of a fair/carnival, and all of the proceeds went to help this "troubled youth" school. The kids had a blast. There was bounce houses, carnival games, face painting, rock climbing, a train ride, and the best was a bungee/trampoline ride. Now, you are probably expecting some cool pictures...that would be a big fat negative. I got there, all happy that I had remembered my camera, pulled it out to get a picture of the kids...and the battery was at home charging! I SUCK! But, regardless of not a single picture of the fun time we had, we did have a blast. The kids really enjoyed everything we did, and were so appreciative of all of it! I am thankful that my kids aren't hard to please!!!

2 comments:

Emily said...

gosh, now i feel bad. We didn't do anything at all. Sounds like you guys had fun.

Annalee said...

It sounds like you guys had fun!! I would have planned something, but we were still recovering from vacation!