Thursday, September 11, 2008

Playing catch up...

To start off...we, I mean Clay just purchased one of these!!!


And one of these! It is wicked awesome!!! 2 weeks ago we were at a soccer tournament up in Centervile, and these people from Sony were there. They travel all over the country to youth sporting events, and set up a huge booth. They have cameras that you can "rent" (for free) during the games, you take all of the photos that you want, and then you bring the camera back, they download all of the pictures onto a disk, and then give it to you. Well, we did it, and we were sold! I have wanted a really nice camera for quite a while. I wasn't thinking quite this nice, but Clay really wanted to get one that we could take good pictures of the kids in their various sporting events. Well, long story short, he bit the bullet, and purchased it! I am really excited, they even give you a free class on how to use it! So...none of the pictures from this post are from that camera, but just watch out, the next ones from games are going to be awesome...or at least that is what they say!!!
So, now on to the post about my cute family!

I haven't posted in quite a while...except saying that I was going to make my blog private, which Emily convinced me not to do, for now!?! I have been so crazy busy...so here is a QUICK reeeeeee-cap of what has been going on in our lives!



Can you see that little stud running WAY ahead of the defenders??? That would be MY little stud of a son...Cayden!! He played on the turf field up at Juan Diego HS last Saturday. It was way cool to watch him, he had a pass play, (at this age, they aren't really common, because they hardly ever catch the ball!) he caught it, and ran it in 60 yards for a touch down!!! He was so stinking proud of himself, and he is faster than greased lightning! I love watching him do so well at something that he loves! (too bad I didn't have my new camera at that game, you could have seen him much better!)

This would be my dear, sweet, little... I mean really way too big for this bike Halle! She finally gave in and learned how to ride a bike! She is nothing like Kylee, and has been terrified of learning how to ride this dumb little thing! She looked so silly, because she has the longest legs, and with the seat up as high as it goes...she kind of looks like one of those clowns in the circus!!! But, regardless of my 1 long legged child, she is so PROUD of herself!!! WTG Hal!

We had an "end of summer" bbq at our house last Sunday night. My grandparents haven't ever been over here, so we invited them along for the event! They just celebrated 60 years of wedded bliss...or in their case, grandma getting pissy with my grandpa, and him just smiling along with it! What a smart man!

Here are Kylee & grandma...I think Kylee was afraid that she had something in her braces...she wouldn't smile!

Holy schmuck! I can't believe that I am posting this nasty picture of my toe...I am in desperate need to a pedicure...if only! But, I had to show you my darling toes! Meg does such an awesome job, she is so dang talented! This is black, with blue flowers, and then she went over the blue flowers with black lines! It is way cute in person...guess you'll have to see for yourself!

So, there you have it, a quick recap of some of the highlights of the last couple of weeks! Wish me luck with the camera!

2 comments:

o-town said...

oh. i'm so jealous of your camera! you guys deserve it, though--especially with all your kids and so many sports! as for the rest of your family--cute as always. Perhaps Santa can bring Hal a new bike for xmas!?!

Annalee said...

I can't decide if I love the clown bike or the awesome football picture more!!

I'm super jealous of your camera and your toes. Ho bag.