Sunday, July 27, 2008

Parke Family Reunion '08

As a Parke family tradition, we have a family reunion every year the weekend of the 24th of July. Every year, we meet at the Parke's and have a camp-out breakfast, (the part the adults look forward to), and then the fun begins...
They have rented a gigantic waterslide for the last 3 years, and it is proving to be quite a ton of fun! They get to play, slide, jump, scream...(you get the idea) for 8 hours! The kids look forward to this as much as Christmas! Halle even went as far as to say that this was the best day of her life!
Then Grandma always cooks a great meal, we play bingo for some great prizes, and then the kids smash a piniata. I don't think you could plan a better reunion, the kids are entertained and fed the whole day!
Clay, Kylee, and I missed the breakfast this year, because we were at Kylee's championship soccer game, but we got there around 12:00. I am sad that I missed the breakfast, because I don't ever make bacon, or sausage, and I really look forward to that! Oh, well, the things we do for our children.
Here are some pictures of the big event!
Kylee on the big slide

Halle & Boo, she loves on this dog more than he wants her to!


Clay resting in the shade

Cayden, I mean Mr. Muscles...notice the velcro burn on his stomach from the slide!

A note from my kids to Grandpa & Grandma...Thanks for a great day, great food, and great fun! Until next year!!!

(Notice that was written in sidewalk chalk...my kids have never, I mean never used that, because of who their dad is. They thought that was the coolest stuff ever, and it entertained them for hours! Halle was a little hesitant at first, because she thought she would get in trouble, but she quickly joined in!!!)

No comments: